Free Write: Color Connection



Emotion. Pleasure. Connection. Segregation. Delight. Flavor. Design. Playfulness.

Long strands of luscious blue fur bouncing with each enormous thud made by a paw slamming joyfully into the concrete as we rush through the city. I hold on tight to the tummy of the loveable Snorlax gallivanting through the game.

Teardrops streaming down my face as I shake myself, trying to convince the mind that it isn’t real, but the mind has been playing tricks all along. The depression takes hold of me and I collapse into the endless blue sea below.

The familiar blue circle popping up on the screen as my mom calls me from 1,299 miles away. Facebook seems to be the only true way to make a connection across space.

Taste buds squealing with delight as the scrumptious, yet tart, juice of a blueberry squirts out and mixes with yogurt, creating a perfect balance of sweet and sour.

Crayon scribbles overcoming a blank canvas, creating much more than meets the eye. My daughter Lucy’s contagious laughter joins the party as she furiously scribbles what her imagination conjures up that day. Pure toddler innocence mixes all colors together.

Waves crashing thunderously against the sandy shoreline, masking my toes as they sink further underground. Oceans have always created a sanctuary. A home when nowhere else offered security.

Fresh flames swirling and overtaking the world quickly as gas feeds the fire, creating the transparent and deadly blue hue. Flames threaten humanity and possessions, as we throw each other into the fire.

Flags that bring unity to families, flying high in support of heritage and beginnings. The vibrant blue of the Swedish flag stands for pride in my household and brings history into the home.

            Color is emotion, pleasure, connection, segregation, delight, flavor, design, and playfulness.

Comments

Popular Posts